August 28, 2017

Blackened - Guitar harmony played live

Live version of the harmony played by Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield in their (+ Jason Newsted's) song "Blackened" off of "...And Justice for All" album.

I tried to figure out the fingering watching them perform the song but I'll admit it, I haven't spent too much time on it. In bar 2 I noted possible best fingering though, and the way I feel most comfortable playing it. Generally, the fingering shows the melody can be played throughout three positions: IV, VII and X (i.e. frets). The shift from position IV to VII and back to IV may seem weird but then it allows to continue the melody in position VII for most of the time.

This, of course, doesn't limit possible other ways to place the melody on the fretboard. It's just the way I personally find best.



PDF file is at Scribd as usual.

No comments: